30. December 2009 20:29
Microsoft recently published the 2nd Edition of their Application Architecture guide. This guide is recommended reading for anybody hoping to get on our level with the quality of software they’re putting out for their customers or clients using the Microsoft Platform and .NET Framework.
According to the site this guide is supposed to help you:
- Understand the underlying architecture and design principles and patterns for developing successful solutions on the Microsoft platform and the .NET Framework.
- Identify appropriate strategies and design patterns that will help you design your solution's layers, components, and services.
- Identify and address the key engineering decision points for your solution.
- Identify and address the key quality attributes and crosscutting concerns for your solution.
- Create a candidate baseline architecture for your solution.
- Choose the right technologies for your solution.
- Identify patterns & practices solution assets and further guidance that will help you to implement your solution.
- Be on the way to getting on the level of BinaryThought’s engineers.
We like to kid around…
The free ebook can be downloaded here.